Are you bored and frustrated about your messy home? Is it difficult to find a particular thing in your space? Are you suffering from too much stuff issue inside a smaller area? If these are your problems then, you need to Declutter your space for sure!
Let’s first understand, what is Decluttering? It is nothing but to get rid of all unnecessary things you have. Declutterring and minimalist living are two different things; please do not get confused between these. Minimalist lifestyle is to have bare minimum which is essential for living. Example – Have only 1 watch instead of having wide range according to use and occasion. On the other side, Decluttering is removing unnecessary, unwanted, unsuitable, unusable things from your space. Example – Have multiple watches but remove outdated, broken or unused watches from your collection.
Why Decluttering is necessary?
- It helps to understand what all items you already have
- It gives you an idea what exactly you use and what you do not really need
- It saves lot of space to buy new things
- You can donate or giveaway unwanted but useful things to your friends, family or any charity
- It gives you a fresh and relaxed space inside your home/office
- It encourage you to clean your space
- It saves you money
How you can Declutter your space?
This is actually the main part of this blog, below are the few tips to start Decluttering –
- Take a big garbage bag or a laundry bag or a box to collect whatever you see unwanted thing at your eye level, I always keep one laundry bag inside my house where we put unwanted thing whenever we find, I sort out it on weekend and either throw or donate the stuff
- Take 5 things challenge for a week : Ask each of your family member to remove 5 unwanted things daily for 5 days, this will collect much clutter at the 5th day which is a great start to Declutter your space
- One room per week : This tip is applicable for bigger homes, when you have large family living under one roof. Take one room each time to find out what you do not need
All these points are needed to be considered if you seriously wish to start cleaning your home. Remember, home cleaning is a big process starts with Decluttering! Make sure you plan well in advance the way you wish to start, trust me, its fun and you will get used to it easily. At the end of the day, you will find our huge junk either to donate or giveaway. Most importantly, you will feel good!